Friday, November 8, 2013
How Do I Hire The Best Minnesota Workers Compensation Attorney For My Case?
The internet is the great equalizer to the uniformed and inexperienced injured worker. A great website can make a crappy lawyer with an eve worse reputation look great! If only I could publish the list of lawyers who you should run and hide from....
Sure my law firm has great websites which we use to educate injured workers, but that isn't what makes our firm great! EXPERIENCE and expertise in the law is what makes our firm GREAT! Our lawyers live and breath workers compensation rather than car accidents, dog bites and slip and falls. Attorney Thomas Atkinson has more than 2 decades of experience handling thousands of workers compensation cases and obtaining millions of dollars for his clients. Attorney Kerry Atkinson is one of the very few lawyers in Minnesota who is considered a civil litigation expert by the Minnesota State Bar Association and even more rare, a member of the ABOTA (American Board Of Trial Advocates). Though Minnesota doesn't have a "expert" designation for Minnesota workers compensation lawyers, Kerry uses her civil litigation expertise throughout her practice.
I could fairly and accurately list lawyer after lawyer with flashy websites who just recently began practicing workers compensation or who handle work comp cases in addition to dozens of other practice areas such as car accidents, wills, real estate closings etc. But do they really KNOW work comp? Do you really want someone like that to handle your claim?
Here is my suggestion. Call a few law firms, not just ours and ask to speak to the lawyer. YES the lawyer who will handle your case. Then ask them the following questions:
1. Have long have you been practicing law?
2. How long have you exclusively practiced workers compensation?
3. Have you ever been disciplined by the Lawyers Professional Responsibility Board?
4. How many staff members do you have to assist me in my workers compensation?
5. How often do you actually take a case to hearing if necessary?
6. Can you guarantee I will win my case?
Let me answer those questions for you!
1. Over 20 years.
2. Over 20 years.
3. NEVER, in fact I have been called multiple times by attorneys and investigators with the LPRB with questions regarding best practices in a workers compensation case while investigating some of the very lawyers whose websites you may have visited.
4. 2 lawyers, 2 paralegals and an investigator who are dedicated to your Minnesota Workers Compensation claim.
5. We try dozens of cases every year when a reasonable settlement can not be reached.
6. No and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.
I urge you to call and speak to a few different lawyers and find one that works best with you. Ask the questions I have listed above. You will know whether I'm the best lawyer for you and if I'm not, I promise to give you the names of other excellent lawyers who may be able to help you with your claim. We want you to be happy with your choice and assured that you have an attorney with EXPERIENCE to assist you with you Minnesota Workers Compensation Injury!
There is a never a fee unless we recover benefits for you. Call today to see whether we can help you with your claim. 651-333-3636 or visit our websites for more useful information. www.mndisability.comhttp://www.mndisability.com/blog/