Sunday, December 15, 2019

I Suffered A Work Injury And Now I Need Surgery. What Should I Do?

Though I'm a workers compensation attorney first and foremost, I also consider myself an advocate for informed health care decisions. Following my own work injury many years ago, I have undergone multiple back surgeries over the years (knock on wood I'm doing very well). Because of the same, injured workers are often drawn to me for this very reason. I can relate to what they are going through when making informed decisions about whether to proceed with a surgery. This brings me to surgeries performed on older injured workers. I share this story as another resource (click here)  in the decisions you make. If you are an injured worker and a surgeon has recommended surgery, never be afraid to seek a second opinion.  You get one chance at this decision!  Inform and educate yourself to make the best decision for you and your family.