Monday, June 18, 2012

Who Are The Best Twin Cities Workers Compensation Lawyers?

Who are the best workers' compensation attorneys in Minnesota and the Twin Cities?  I won't list them here but just because they have a website and say they are experienced doesn't make it so.  You don't want a "baby lawyer" representing you on the most important legal case you may ever have.

Hear are some important questions to ask an interview when YOU interview them!

1.  How many years have you been handling workers compensation cases?  If less than 10 years, keep searching.  They simply don't have the experience necessary to represent most complex injury cases.

2.  How many cases have you taken to hearing at the Office of Administrative Hearings?  If less than 50 cases, keep looking.  Most EXPERIENCED workers compensation attorneys will go to hearing on a regular basis.  When I go to hearing, I know all the judges and they all know me.  I also know everyone who is anyone in workers compensation.  Those who are "outsiders" standout and may lack the experience to adequately represent you in this specialized area.

3.  Can I speak with YOU the attorney when it's important or must all communication while not in court go through the office staff?  There is no question that all experienced workers' compensation attorneys have exceptional staff that can assist our clients as part of the team that works to represent you.  However I the attorney am the one who should provide LEGAL advice and guidance directly to you regarding your case.

4.  Will you provide me with your cell phone and email address?  Good luck with this one!!!!  If you can get one of the two you are lucky.  I am one of the very few attorney's who offer my cell phone number 651-324-9514 AND my email tom@mndisability.com for you to contact me directly.  Don't believe me, call another work comp attorney and ask them for both!

5.  Have you ever been disciplined by the Lawyers Board of Professional Responsibility?  In two decades I have NEVER been disciplined in ANY manner; public or private by the board.  Public OR PRIVATE!!!!

At Atkinson Law Office and Minnesota Disability you will be represented by Tom Atkinson or another attorney who has at least 10 years experience but more often over 20 years of workers compensation experience.  Call us today at 651-333-3636 for an absolutely free consultation.  www.mndisability.com